- Acceptance of Terms
Carrizon Express and its subsidiaries and affiliates (hereinafter referred to as “Carrizon”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) operates and owns an online marketplace in Trinidad & Tobago (the “Services”) which is accessible via https://www.carrizon.com (the “Site”). The Services allow users to browse and purchase goods and services from local sellers and service providers.
- Changes to the Terms
Although most changes may be minor, Carrizon Express may change the Terms from time to time, and in Carrizon Express’s sole discretion. Carrizon also reserves the right, at any time, to modify or update its policies in the same manner. You are advised to check the Terms from time to time for any updates or changes that may impact you. A user confirms his or her acceptance of the modifications and updates by continuing to use the Site and its Services.
The Site and all information, products, content, software, artwork, data, and services are provided by Carrizon on an “as is” and “as available” basis, unless otherwise stated in writing. The Site is made available free of charge. We do not guarantee that the Site, or access to the Site or any of its Services will always be available and uninterrupted. Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of the Site at any time without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason all or part of the Site is unavailable or interrupted at any time or for any period. You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary to allow you to have access to the Site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access the Site through your internet connection are aware of these Terms and that they comply with them.
- Your Carrizon Account
You may access most areas of the Site without registering your details with us, but certain areas of our Site will only be open to you upon registration. If you create an account on the Site, you are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your password(s) and account(s) and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account and any other actions taken in connection with the account. You must be 18 years or older to create an account and use the Services.You must not describe or assign keywords to your account in a misleading or unlawful manner, including in a manner intended to trade on the name or reputation of others, and Carrizon may change or remove any description or keyword that it considers inappropriate or unlawful, or otherwise likely to cause Carrizon liability. You must immediately notify Carrizon of any unauthorized uses of your account, your blog or any other breaches of security. Carrizon will not be liable for any acts or omissions by you, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions. We have the right to disable any user identification code, password or account at any time, if in our reasonable opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Terms.
- License and Access
Subject to your compliance with these Terms, Carrizon grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable license to access and make personal and non-commercial use of the Site. This license does not include any resale or commercial use of the Services, or its contents; any collection and use of any product listings, descriptions, or prices; any derivative use of any Carrizon service or its contents; any downloading, copying, or other use of account information for the benefit of any third party; or any use of data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools. All rights not expressly granted to you in these Terms are reserved and retained by Carrizon or its licensors, suppliers, publishers, or other content providers. No Carrizon Service, nor any part of the Site, may be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without the express written consent of Carrizon.
- Reviews and Comments
You may post reviews, comments, photos, videos, and other content; submit suggestions, ideas, comments, questions, or other information, so long as the content is not illegal, obscene, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringing of intellectual property rights (including publicity rights), or otherwise injurious to third parties or objectionable, and does not consist of or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of “spam” or unsolicited commercial electronic messages. You may not use a false e-mail address, impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise mislead as to the origin of a card or other content. Carrizon reserves the right (but not the obligation) to remove or edit such content, but does not regularly review posted content.
If you do post content or submit material, and unless we indicate otherwise, you grant Carrizon a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sublicensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, perform, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such content in any media. You grant Carrizon and sublicensees the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such content, if they choose. You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the content that you post; that the content is accurate; that use of the content you supply does not violate these Terms and will not cause injury to any person or entity; and that you will indemnify Carrizon for all claims resulting from content you supply. Carrizon takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any content posted by you or any third party.
All content included in or made available through the Site, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations, and software is the property of Carrizon and/or its content suppliers and is protected by the governing intellectual property rights laws of Trinidad and Tobago. Carrizon expressly disclaims all liability for the unauthorized and/or prejudicial use of any content obtained on or in connection with the Site.
- Transactions between Sellers and Buyers
Each user understands and agrees that Carrizon is not a seller. Carrizon provides an online platform or venue for information exchange and transactions between buyers and sellers, including electronic web-based transaction platforms for users to place, accept, conclude, manage and fulfil orders for the provision of products and services online subject to the these Terms and the terms of individual Seller agreements. Therefore, no agency relationship will be created between Carrizon and any seller or buyer concerning listings and transactions, whether or not such transactions are entered into on the Site. Although Carrizon will monitor the regular operation of the Site to fulfil its duty of care, it does not review and check each item of posted content for accuracy, infringement of the Terms or illegal activity.
In no event shall Carrizon be responsible for any infringement or transaction dispute, including, but not limited to, transaction disputes about quality, safety, breach of warranty, lawfulness or availability of the products or services and the payment from buyers, as well as any intellectual property infringement by sellers.
Users agree to release and indemnify Carrizon and its agents, affiliates, directors, officers and employees from all claims, demands, actions, proceedings, costs, expenses and damages (including, but not limited to, any actual, special, incidental or consequential damages) arising out of or in connection with any transactional dispute about the products, listings, or information on the Site.
Please see our Refund Policy which is expressly incorporated into these Terms.
Please see our Delivery Policy which is expressly incorporated into these Terms.
- Electronic Communications
You consent to receive communications from us electronically, such as e-mails, texts, mobile push notifications, or notices and messages on the Site and you can retain copies of these communications for your records. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. At no time will Carrizon ask you to verify your credit card information or other financial or identifiable information via e-mail.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold Carrizon and its affiliates, directors, officers and employees harmless from and against any and all losses, claims, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising from or related to (1) your use of the Site, (2) your breach of any representations and/or warranties made by you to Carrizon and (3) claims relating to products offered or displayed on the Site.
- Force Majeure
Carrizon shall not be held liable for any delay, failure or disruption in the content or Services delivered through the Site resulting directly or indirectly from acts of nature, forces or causes beyond our reasonable control, including, but not limited to, internet failures, computer, telecommunications or other equipment failures, electrical power failures, strikes, labour disputes, riots, insurrections, civil disturbances, shortages of labour or materials, fires, floods, storms, explosions, acts of God, war, governmental actions, orders of domestic or foreign courts or tribunals or non-performance by third parties.
- Warranties & Limitation of Liability
- Carrizon does not manufacture, store, or inspect any of the items sold through our Services. The goods and services available for purchase on the Site are produced, listed, and sold directly by independent sellers. Carrizon cannot and does not make any warranties about their quality, safety, or their legality. Any legal claim related to an item you purchase must be brought directly against the seller of the item. You hereby release Carrizon from any claims related to items sold through our Services, including for defective items, misrepresentations by sellers, or items that caused physical injury.
- You are solely responsible for your interactions with sellers and other users of the Site. To the extent permitted under applicable laws, you hereby release Carrizon from any and all claims or liability (including, but not limited to, claims for personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property) related to any product or service of a seller; any action or inaction by seller; or a seller’s failure to comply with applicable law.
- You agree that the entire risk of using the Site and/or the Services remains with you. To the full extent permissible by law, Carrizon disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Carrizon does not warrant that the Services, information, content, materials, products (including software) or other services included on or otherwise made available to you through the Site or electronic communications sent from Carrizon are free of viruses or other harmful components. To the full extent permissible by law, Carrizon will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of the Services, or from any information, content, materials, products (including software) or other services included on or otherwise made available to you through any Carrizon service, including, but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, and consequential damages, unless otherwise specified in writing.
- Unless otherwise expressed in writing, the maximum liability of Carrizon to you for any damages (regardless of reason) shall not exceed the total amount of money actually paid to Carrizon by you in the month immediately before the act giving rise to the alleged responsibility of Carrizon.
- Neither Carrizon nor its associates warrant that use of the Site will be uninterrupted or error-free. Furthermore, Carrizon makes no representation that content provided on the Site is made available or is applicable to, or appropriate for use in, locations outside of Trinidad & Tobago.
- In addition, any information relating to inaccuracy in your billing or shipping address that is may result in delays to your order and that shall not be the responsibility of Carrizon.
- YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND ITS SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
- Governing Law and Dispute Resolution
In the event of a dispute, the Laws of Trinidad and Tobago shall apply. The user agrees to engage in good faith negotiations in an attempt to resolve any disputes that have arisen. If the parties are unable to arrive at a solution within Thirty (30) days of the commencement of negotiations, both parties agree to submit to Arbitration as the final method for the resolution of the dispute.
These Terms remain in force unless and until terminated by either you or Carrizon. You may terminate this Agreement at any time, provided that you discontinue any further use of this Site. Carrizon may also terminate this Agreement at any time and may do so immediately without notice, and accordingly deny you access to the Site, if in Carrizon’s sole discretion you fail to comply with any term or provision of this Agreement. Carrizon also reserves the right to cancel and refund any transaction at any time if it believes there has been a breach of these Terms or any applicable laws and regulations.